Today’s my 19th birthday!!
I can’t believe how fast that has happened. I’m in my last year of being a teenager. Oh my god. That just really hit me. I’m getting old!
Anyway, I thought it would be fun if I gave you a list of 19 things that I have learnt from being alive for 19 years. Some of this stuff is cheesy but bear with me.
- Do what makes you happy. Life is too short to do stuff you don’t like.
- Stop worrying that people will judge you. Because they will judge you no matter what you do so why bother?
- Only when you stop caring about what other people think, can you truly achieve your full potential.
- It’s okay to have an ugly meltdown once in a while. Just remember to pick yourself back up after and bring the thunder when you go after whatever made you cry in the first place.
- Black blue tack should never never be used on a wall. Ever.
- Find a way to document your life. It goes by too quickly.
- Fully utilise every opportunity to pee.
- Don’t give a crap what anyone says about your lipstick. If you wanna wear the brightest red lip ever, girl you go and wear it. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
- Sleep it off. Sleep makes everything better.
- Pinterest is just another site that makes you feel bad about your incapable self. Get off it. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.
- Everything in moderation aka it’s okay that you had that cupcake because at least you didn’t have a whole box of cupcakes right? Unless you did. Then I can’t help you.
- Everyone is dysfunctional. Everybody has their issues. So be kinder then you have to.
- Spend time with you grandparents. Take a thousand pictures of them. Do a little extra for them. It won’t mean much to you but it will mean the world to them.
- Family time should be placed above any work or school commitments. Work will always be there. Your family, on the other hand, won’t.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Create routines for yourself. It will help keep you calmer and generally healthier and happier.
- Don’t put off what you can do today. You really never know what could happen tomorrow.
- People actually aren’t judging you as much as you think they are
- Caffeine, or any substance that is intended to keep you awake, is unhealthy and can amplify anxious feelings. Instead, establish a good sleeping routine for yourself and stick with it. A good night’s rest can do wonders for you (and I’m not just saying this because I hate coffee)
Well there you have it. 19 things that I’ve learnt in 19 years. I hope you enjoyed it. I also just wanted to say a massive thank you for all the birthday wishes and presents that I’ve received. I am truly grateful for all the people in my life and I couldn’t be happier that I get to spend the day with them.
I also can’t believe that I spent my entire 18th year on this blog. It seems weird that 365 days ago I put up a post about my 18th birthday. So thank you for being a part of my life. I honestly don’t know what I would do without you guys.
I’ve got a whole bunch of posts planned for the next few days so keep an eye out for that. Besides that, I wish you guys a very merry eve of Christmas eve! (yes that is a real thing)