1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
It’s so tough. So. Tough. Usually I will get the book on my kindle and then when I finish a book, I’ll go through my library on my kindle and see what I feel like reading. I do try to plan my books especially when there are new releases but I usually fail at that so I just don’t bother.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
Well I mean I’m halfway through. I might as well finish it right? I guess it depends on how much I dislike it. Usually if a book is bad I’ll DNF about 20% through.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I’m actually currently 12 books ahead on my reading challenge and I’m reading my 100th book now but okay. Let’s say I’m not doing well. I would definitely try to catch up by reading shorter books. Perhaps even novellas if it’s really bad. I won’t give up though. Never give up.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
Oh god. That’s so horrible! But honestly if I love it a lot I won’t be too fussy I suppose. It would irk me a lot but I can handle it.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Mel! Mel and I tend to share a lot of our feelings over books and 85% of the time, if I hate it, she hates it. And vice versa of course.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
If no one I know is around, I’ll let it out and just cry. If I’m with people I know, I’ll either stop reading if it’s really bad or just hold it in.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
I hate it when that happens. But I’ll never re-read. I hate re-reading because let’s face it, I have nearly 900 books in my TBR list and I add new books everyday. I don’t have time to reread. So I’ll just go into the new book and fumble around in the dark till I find my way. It’s usually not that hard.
A tip in case this happens though is to Wikipedia the book. Wikipedia usually has full plots including spoilers so you can refresh your memory like that.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I’ll tell them that it’s my brother’s and that he doesn’t want to loan it to them.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I know I’m a big advocate on just putting down the books and waiting till you get your groove back but I am bad at that. I usually just keep reading till I just stop being in a slump.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Every single one. Duh! Do you really not know me?
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
I usually read them instantly. I’m a book blogger. I need to be reviewing and talking about these books the second they are out or I’m no longer relevant. Plus I’ve waited so long already. Why would I waste more time?