My Extraordinarily Exhausting Week

Hello my strawberries,

As I’m writing this, I am falling asleep over my keyboard. In fact, I probably won’t make it very far before I crash. I just really wanted to get some points down and that somehow to turned into an introduction.

– I fell asleep for 5 hours and only felt ready to continue this 2 days later –

Okay wow. I’m still so tired but definitely much better then the weekend. Okay. So last week was so exhausting and action packed. I haven’t had as much time to sit and breathe and that made me feel very uneasy and anxious. Honestly this whole week I’ve felt out of balance. I think it’s mainly because I’m the kind of person that recharges on alone time. I need my time to plug in my ear pieces, turn up the music and just be. If I don’t get enough of that, I run down very fast and my body and mind start rebelling.

So because of this crazy week, I haven’t had much time to blog, edit any videos or even read much. I know. I feel like crap about myself too. It’s been 5 days since I finished The Weight Of Feathers and I’ve barely made any progress on Heir Of Fire or The Knife Of Letting Go. I’m planning to resume my usual schedule this week though so hopefully everything aligns itself properly. Anyway, I didn’t want to leave you guys without a post from me so I thought I would actually give you a run down of my week because even though it was busy, it was the exciting kind of busy and it did include Pharrell Williams.

Monday 14.9.15


Monday morning started at 6am for me. I woke up early to go for my driving e-trial for my Final Theory Test. What this is is basically a mock test of sorts for my final theory test. So I went there and studied till 8.15am which was when my e-trial started. It ended at 9.05am and my mom picked me up.  We then went to IKEA where we had breakfast and then shopped around for a bit. I found an awesome looking book case for $25 and we picked it up without even knowing where it would go in the house. All I knew was that I wanted a bookcase. Anyway, we brought it home and my brother and I spent the whole day fixing it up. We actually filmed the whole thing and that video will be up really soon on my Youtube channel so stay tuned.

Tuesday 15.9.15


Tuesday started out later then usual. I went for my e-trial at 10.15am and finished it at around 11.05am. I went home and we started clearing out our old bookcase and showcase to make room for my new bookcase. It was tiring work especially because we had to carry the bookcase up the stairs. I kid you not friends. UP. THE. STAIRS. A bookcase. Anyway, that took all day and I was exhausted by the end of it.

Wednesday 16.9.15IMG_6259

Wednesday was the big day! It was the day of my official final theory test. So I woke up at 6am. Studied and then went in for mock test session at 8.15am. I left that session a little early so that I could get to the test classroom a little early. My test started at 9.15am and it was so nerve wrecking. I was so anxious and everything in me was going crazy. So basically to pass, you need to get 45 out of the 50 questions correct. And what happens is that it’s a computer test so you just click end test and immediately a giant ‘Pass’ or ‘Fail’ will appear. I HATE these kinds of tests. They are so much more stressful. Anyway, during the test, I had about 4 questions that I was not too sure about. I was certain that I got at least 4 questions wrong. So I really expected to fail. But thank god I clicked end test and got a giant ‘Pass’. I even scored a 49/50 which was so amazing. Honestly I would have started crying with joy if the invigilator hadn’t come up behind me, seen my screen and shooed me out of the room to go print out my results slip. Anyway now I have 8 more lessons then I can book for my practical test. When I pass that, I will officially be a licensed driver! Like I can drive on a road. Legally. Without an instructor. How did that happen??

Anyway, after that, my mom picked me up and we went to get our eyebrows done. I know. Finally. My eyebrows were a mess. After that, we went to IKEA to get my brother a bookcase too because he really liked mine. I spent the time mostly at the cafeteria reading though because I was just there two days ago. We got home and Nat spent the rest of the day building his bookshelf and we had to carry it up the stairs.

Thursday 17.9.15


Thursday started early with a hair appointment with my mom. We had lunch out and did some shopping mainly for stuff for my bookshelf. We got home later in the afternoon and my brother and I spent the rest of the day filling our new bookshelves. I actually filmed it all so it took twice as long haha. But I’m pretty happy with it and again, that video will be up on my Youtube channel soon.

Friday 18.9.15


Friday was one of the absolute most exhausting days of my entire life. It started out with me following my mom to the national stadium to collect her STRun pack (which she is participating in). It was quite a bit of walking because the place is huge. And that wouldn’t have been a problem at all if we were not going for Formula 1 in a few hours. So we got home and had about 2 hours to have lunch and get ready. Then my brother and I left for the Padang.


So basically Formula 1 was in our country this weekend and we got tickets. This was our first year going and we were really going for the concerts. We both have no interest in the cars really except for the photography. So we left the house at 2pm and we got there at about 3pm. We then found a place in front of the Esplanade to watch the practice rounds. We ended up camping there in the sun for about 2 hours to reserve our amazing spot.

We left the first practice session halfway and went over to the Padang lawn. Over there we camped out in front of the Jimmy Cliff concert and managed to get front row for it. It was so lovely. I’ve never been to an oldies concert before and it was just so chill and nice.

We left Jimmy Cliff’s concert halfway and ran across the huge lawn to camp out in front of the Pharrell Williams stage. He was the headline event of the evening and we needed to secure a good spot because his concert started immediately after the last practice session of the night so that meant that every single person would be there. We camped out on the grass for about 2 hours and then at about 10.30pm, everyone started standing. We were in the second row which was amazing considering that the total number of people ended up being 50,000. We had to stand for a good 45 minutes. It was so incredibly hot, everyone was pressed so close together and it was simply awful. Pharrell took to the stage 7 minutes  late which was excruciating when you consider the circumstances (we were also dehydrated and starving because once we secured our places, you absolutely could not move anywhere). Once he started though, all the discomfort fell away and it became all about the music. I don’t know too much about Pharrell besides the ‘Happy’ song but each song was performed so well and the dancers were astounding. Every bit of it was amazing.

When it ended, 50,000 people started leaving the lawn at the same time. As you can imagine, it meant that we were walking along at literally a snail’s pace and it took us forever to get to the train. Again, super horrible and my claustrophobia was acting up especially since majority of the people around us in particular were Caucasian men which meant that they towered a good 2 heads above me. But we got home at 2am and I went to bed at 3am only to have to wake up in 5 hours for a meeting. But oh well. Nathaniel and I also vlogged throughout the day and that video will be up on my channel soon hopefully.

So that was my exhausting week. I was pretty much dead to the world all weekend. I’m such an old lady haha. Let me know what the most exciting part of your week was in the comments. See you guys soon!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s